Josh serves as corporate counsel and trusted advisor for businesses of all sizes. As a member of the firm’s M&A and Emerging Companies practice groups, Josh’s practice focuses on mergers & acquisitions, equity and debt financings (on behalf of companies and investors/lenders), joint ventures, commercial contracts, and general business matters. He has significant experience working with clients in a broad range of industries, including waste and environmental services, healthcare, manufacturing, technology, real estate development, golf and hospitality, agriculture, and retail.
Josh is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee and co-chairs the firm’s Attorney Recruiting Committee. He joined the firm in 2007.
Josh attended Wake Forest University for two years before receiving his undergraduate degree in Business Management – Finance, summa cum laude, from North Carolina State University. Josh received his law degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Business (2016, 2018-2020)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” Mergers & Acquisitions (2011, 2012, 2013, 2020)
- UNC-Chapel Hill School of Law: Alumni Engagement Committee
- UNC-Chapel Hill School of Law: Co-Chair of Scholarship Golf Classic Committee
- North Carolina Symphony Friends of Note Committee
- Executive-in-Residence, NC State University College of Management, Technology, Entrepreneurship and Commercialization Program, academic years 2009-2010 and 2010-2011
- Council for Entrepreneurial Development
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Represented leading North American waste and environmental services company in its expansion into new markets through acquisition of large waste services company from founder and private equity sellers.
- Represented early stage technology company focused on apparel recycling in significant equity financing led by VC fund focused on environmentally and socially responsible investments.
- Serve as outside general counsel for international proprietary manufacturing company in wine industry.
- Represented family office in sale and equity rollover to leading diversified environmental services company.
- Represented engineering technology firm focused on highway infrastructure space in its sale to global construction conglomerate.
- Serve as outside general counsel to craft breweries and distilleries.
- Represented employee benefits software company in its sale to Fortune 500 insurance company.
- Represent leading golf and country club management company in acquisitions and general corporate matters.