Kevin concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, and construction and real property litigation. Kevin’s experience includes advising and representing owners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and real estate agents in litigation, contract negotiations, and pre-litigation resolutions. Kevin has represented clients in matters arising from both public and private construction projects, construction defect claims, design claims, delay claims, surety and lien claims, land condemnation, real estate sales-purchase claims, and landlord-tenant disputes. A portion of Kevin’s practice also involves working with the firm’s Trusts & Estates attorneys by helping clients protect their rights in will contests, claims of breach of fiduciary duty, and misappropriation of entrusted property, and other litigation matters involving estates, trusts, and guardianships.
Kevin is admitted to practice before all state courts in North Carolina, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina, and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Prior to joining the law firm in 2006, Kevin served as an intelligence officer in the United States Air Force from 1995-2003.
Kevin earned his J.D., cum laude, from Campbell University in 2006 where he was a member of the National Trial Team, an editor of the Campbell Law Review, and also a member of the Order of Barristers. Kevin received his B.A. in Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” Business Litigation (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Construction (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018-2020)
- HAVEN in Lee County, Board of Directors (2010 – present)
- North Carolina Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Pro Bono Legal Program Volunteer for the U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Guardian ad Litem Volunteer (2005 – 2006)
- Lee County Bar Association