Kyle is the Practice Group Leader for the firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group. He regularly represents, counsels, and trains clients regarding all state and federal employment laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (“ADEA”), the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”), the Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”), the Retaliatory Employment Discrimination Act (“REDA”), and state wage and hour laws. He also advises clients and litigates cases related to these issues, as well as regarding covenants not to compete, trade secrets, drug testing, employment terminations and severance, employment policies, and other employment-related issues.
Kyle is admitted to practice before all federal and state courts in North Carolina. He regularly represents clients in proceedings in state and federal court and before the U.S. Department of Labor (“US DOL”), the North Carolina Department of Labor (“NCDOL”), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”), the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”), and other federal and state agencies.
Kyle received his B.A., with honors, from the University of North Carolina, and his J.D., with honors, from the University of North Carolina School of Law. While in law school, Kyle was a published member of the North Carolina Law Review, where he also served as a Comments Editor and received the Thornton Brooks Award. Prior to joining the firm, Kyle was a shareholder at a large North Carolina-based firm.
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Employment Law (2015-2020); Young Guns (2019)
- Winner, Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Employment Law (2020)
- Hall of Fame, Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Employment Law (2020-current)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” Employment & Labor (2016-2022)
- Benchmark Litigation “Labor & Employment Star – South” for Labor & Employment (2019-2022)
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Employment Law – Management (2021-2024); Employment Law – Individuals (2024)
- NC Master Chorale, Board Member
- Band Together, Board Member
- UNC Law Advancement Committee, Chair
- Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, Board of Advisors
- Leadership Raleigh Alumni Association, Past Chair
- House of Hope NC, Former Board Member
- Capital City Clause, Former Board Member
- Successfully represented employer in Delaware Chancery Court to obtain an injunction for all of North America and Europe in a non-competition, non-solicitation, and trade secrets case.
- Represented employers in numerous discrimination and harassment lawsuits in state and federal court.
- Represented employers in numerous investigations before the U.S. and N.C Departments of Labor.
- Webinar Recording: Documentation, Discipline, Separation Agreements and RIFs
- The OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard: COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate Requirements For Large Employers
- Webinar Recording: Adjusting to the new normal–HR compliance issues and trends during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Webinar Recording: Reopening Businesses and Returning Employees to Work After COVID-19
- FAQs in Reopening Businesses and Returning Employees to Work After COVID-19
- Additional Employment FAQs Under FFCRA
- What Employers Need to Know About the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Navigating Employee Health and Welfare Benefits Issues in the COVID-19 Era