Lorna practices primarily in the areas of capital markets, securities law, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate law. Lorna’s experience includes advising a diverse range of companies and financial institutions on capital markets and corporate governance matters. She has represented both public and private companies in equity offerings, restructurings, and mergers and acquisitions. She advises public companies on corporate governance, securities laws, stock exchange rules and regulations, and periodic reporting responsibilities. Lorna also chairs the firm’s Associates Committee.
Lorna is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she received her B.A. in Political Science with highest distinction. Lorna received her J.D., cum laude, from Duke Law School, where she was a Stafford Law Scholar and Wake County Bar Association Memorial Scholarship recipient. During law school, Lorna served as a staff member and editor of the Duke Journal of Gender Law and Policy.
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers Securities & Corporate Finance – Rising Star (2022)
- Board Member, United Arts Council of Raleigh and Wake County
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Success in Law School Mentoring Program
- Junior League of Raleigh
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed cloud software company in underwritten secondary offerings totaling approximately $400 million.
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed clinical-stage ophthalmic biopharmaceutical company in multiple equity offerings totaling approximately $23.5 million.
- Advised a Nasdaq-listed clinical-stage pharmaceutical company in an agreement to merge with a privately held commercial-stage pharmaceutical company in an all-stock transaction.
- Advised a Nasdaq-listed biopharmaceutical company in an agreement to acquire by merger another public biopharmaceutical company in an all-stock transaction valued at approximately $15.6 million.
- Advised the lead underwriter in an approximately $31 million initial public offering for a bank holding company.
- Advised the sole underwriter in an approximately $19.5 million Regulation A+ offering and concurrent Nasdaq uplisting of an electric vehicle company.
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed pharmaceutical development company in multiple equity offerings totaling approximately $20 million.
- Represented public companies in filing numerous shelf registration statements on Form S-3.