Molly is a member of the firm’s Privacy & Data Security practice group. She advises clients on matters including data breach notification, HIPAA compliance, and state and federal laws that impact collection, storage, use, and protection of personal information such as the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, CAN-SPAM, COPPA, and the Song-Beverly Credit Card Act. She helps clients assess the privacy and data security risks associated with new initiatives, assists clients with the identification and implementation of risk-mitigating controls, and administers privacy and data security investigations and assessments. She also regularly prepares and revises privacy notices and contracts to account for the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Molly received her B.A., cum laude from Wake Forest University and her J.D. with honors from UNC School of Law. During law school, Molly was an Articles Editor for the North Carolina Law Review, as well as a Dean’s Fellow and an Honors Writing Scholar. She also received the Gressman-Pollitt Award for Excellence in Oral Advocacy. Molly served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert N. Hunter, Jr. on the Supreme Court of North Carolina and the North Carolina Court of Appeals before entering private practice.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Junior League of Raleigh
- Advised international pharmaceutical development company on GDPR compliance posture to facilitate expansion of clinical studies in the European Union.
- Drafted HIPAA privacy, security, and breach notification policies and procedures for clients in healthcare and ad tech sectors.
- Conducted HIPAA security assessments and risk analyses for covered entities and business associates.
- Assisted in major compliance assessment for Fortune 500 pharmacy chain.
- Drafted privacy policies to address CCPA notification requirements for an international media company.
- Negotiated controller and processor-side data processing contracts for GDPR compliance.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional, U.S. (CIPP/US), International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), 2015-Present