Robert is a Raleigh native who has practiced law with Wyrick Robbins since 1980. Robert’s practice, which is devoted exclusively to family law, includes mediation and courtroom representation. Robert is a North Carolina Board Certified Family Law Specialist and is a fellow in the selective American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML). Robert is licensed to practice law in all North Carolina courts and the Federal Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina. During his years of practice, Robert has handled family law cases in many North Carolina counties, including Chatham, Dare, Durham, New Hanover, Orange, Pitt, Wake, and Wilson counties.
- North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization – Howard L. Gum Service Award (2013)
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Family Law (2008-2021)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Family Law (2007-2010, 2012-2014, 2017-2021)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers Family Law (2006-2021)
- Named one of Top 100 Super Lawyers in North Carolina (2011-2015)
- Named one of Top 25 Super Lawyers in Raleigh (2014)
- President of the North Carolina Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) – 2017
- Member, North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission
- Member, North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization
- Chair, Family Law Specialization Committee (2012)
- Member, Family Law Council, North Carolina Bar Association (2011-2014)
- Robert has lectured extensively on topics involving family law for the North Carolina Bar Association's conference of North Carolina District Court Judges. Robert has also authored and published articles concerning family law ethical issues and regarding the practice of family law. His most recent statewide publication was authored with Gray Hutchison of Wyrick Robbins, entitled "Classifying and Valuing Compensation for Highly Compensated Individuals in Equitable Distribution." Robert and William Brewer presented "Bankruptcy and its Impact on Family Law Practice" in August 2017 at the Wake County Family Law Seminar.