Rob’s practice focuses on a variety of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial finance and general corporate and business matters across a broad range of industries. Rob represents private and public company buyers and sellers in M&A transactions, as well as borrowers and lenders in debt financings, including acquisition financings, syndicated credit facilities, cash flow and asset-based financings, and mezzanine financings. In addition, he has represented clients on a variety of environmental issues, including environmental due diligence and underground storage tank compliance.
Rob graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He received his J.D., magna cum laude, from the Syracuse University College of Law. Rob was an Editor of the Syracuse Law Review and is a member of the Order of the Coif.
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Banking and Finance Law (2014-2023)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Environmental (2014); Bankruptcy (2014); Business (2015, 2019)
- American Bar Association, Section of Business Law
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law Section; Environment, Energy and Natural Resources Law Section
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Urban Ministries of Wake County, Board Member
- Served as outside counsel to an international waste management company in its acquisition of a major solid waste company operating in Virginia and Pennsylvania
- Represented a leading life sciences and healthcare investor in its acquisition of an anti-fungal drug development company
- Served as outside counsel to an international waste management company in its acquisition of a recycler of petroleum and heavy metals contaminated soils
- Represented a health informatics company in its sale to a leading global private equity firm
- Served as outside counsel to a geotechnical and environmental engineering firm in connection with multiple acquisitions of regional engineering firms
- Represented a full-service tower engineering and construction company in its acquisition by a private equity firm
- Served as outside counsel to a fiber-optic amenity company in a 363 sale of its assets in bankruptcy
- Represented a leading remanufacturer and servicer of dry-type and liquid-filled transformers in connection with its sale and post-closing remediation of environmental contamination
- Served as outside counsel to a rural telecommunications company in several multistate acquisitions and its ultimate sale to a global telecommunications/technology company
- Represented a major manufacturer and distributer of specialty automotive lubricants in connection with its acquisition of a bulk oil storage and distribution facility
- An Environmental Primer for Lenders
- Small Business Lending under the CARES Act
- 20 Wyrick Robbins Attorneys Selected to Legal Elite 2019
- 29 Wyrick Robbins Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018 and David L. Wilke Named Best Lawyers® 2018 Venture Capital Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Raleigh
- 26 Wyrick Robbins Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- 20 Wyrick Robbins Attorneys Selected to Legal Elite 2015
- 25 Wyrick Robbins Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- 19 Wyrick Robbins Attorneys Selected to Legal Elite 2014
- 25 Wyrick Robbins Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2014
- "Shareholder Agreements," American Council of Engineering Companies of North Carolina, Raleigh, North Carolina, May 2009
- "New Rules for Staying Clean in a Dirty Business," Business North Carolina, June 2006
- "Federal and North Carolina Case Law Update," North Carolina Bar Association Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section Annual Meeting, Asheville, North Carolina, April 2006
- "Environmental Experts and Consultants – Who You Gonna Call?" North Carolina Bar Foundation, Wilmington, North Carolina, October 1997
- "New Developments are Subject to Stricter Stormwater Controls," Carolina Business, November 1996
- "EPA Provides a Partial Solution for Petroleum Underground Storage Tank Liability," Carolina Business, February 1996
Mergers & Acquisitions
Our M&A practice group is composed of experienced transactional attorneys focused on handling the complexities of M&A transactions. We take pride in working closely with our clients at every stage of the process, from pre-transaction preparation and deal structuring in order to maximize value and minimize risk, through due diligence, to drafting and negotiating definitive agreements, and ultimately to closing and post-closing advice.
Environmental, Regulatory & Administrative Law
No significant business can survive, much less thrive, in today’s reality of pervasive regulation without knowledgeable guidance. Our Environmental, Regulatory & Administrative Law practice group includes attorneys with extensive experience in regulatory and compliance issues affecting a variety of industries.
Our firm is one of the few firms in North Carolina that provides full-service legal representation in government contracting matters. The head of our Government Contracting practice group, Ben Thompson, has 43 years of experience in handling government contracting matters.