Blake is a member of the firm’s Capital Markets and Banking & Financial Institutions practice groups. His practice focuses on assisting clients on a wide range of issues including corporate governance, securities offerings, mergers and other strategic combinations, reporting requirements, and banking regulation.
Blake received his J.D. from UNC School of Law, with Honors. He received his B.A. from UNC Chapel Hill, double-majoring in Political Science and Hispanic Linguistics. During law school, Blake served as both a staff-member and Articles & Notes Editor for the North Carolina Banking Institute Journal. He also received the Gressman-Pollitt Award for Excellence in Oral Advocacy. During his third year of law school, Blake participated in the Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Law Clinic, assisting victims of domestic violence obtain protective restraining orders.
- Represented Thermo Fisher in $912.5 million acquisition of a private equity-backed leading provider of regulatory-grade, real-world evidence for approved medical treatments and therapies.
- SEC Adopts Amendments to Rule 10b5-1 and Adds New Disclosure Requirements
- SEC Adopts Pay Versus Performance Disclosure Rules
- SEC Issues Proposed Rules on Disclosures Surrounding Stock Repurchases
- SEC Issues Proposed Rules on Rule 10b5-1 Plans and Insider Trading
- Nasdaq Files Amendment to Board Diversity Disclosure Proposal
- SEC Proposes Amendments to Rule 144, Form 144, and Forms 4 and 5
- Nasdaq Proposes New Listing Rules Aimed at Promoting Board Diversity and Transparency
- SBA Procedural Notice on PPP Loans and Changes of Ownership
- SEC Adopts Amendments to Regulation S-K
- Federal Banking Agencies Issue Interim Final Rule Deferring Appraisals and Evaluations for Real Estate Transactions