Sadie practices in the areas of venture capital, private equity, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate law. She advises entrepreneurs, businesses, and investors on entity formation, corporate governance, equity compensation, capital-raising considerations, and various business contracts and transactions. She has experience representing clients across a variety of industries, including biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, and information technology.
Sadie received her B.A. in Philosophy and J.D., both with honors, from Arizona State University. She received her LL.M. in Law and Entrepreneurship from Duke Law School. While at Duke, she interned with a Durham-based venture capital firm. Following graduation, Sadie worked in the clinical research industry with prominent contract research organizations in the Research Triangle. Prior to joining the firm, Sadie was an attorney with the emerging companies practice group of a national law firm’s Atlanta office.
- Represented multiple start-up companies through formation and seed financings.
- Represented various life science and technology companies in venture capital financings totaling over $200,000,000.
- Represented clinical research company in its formation of multiple joint ventures with physician practices.
- Represented healthcare technology company in its recapitalization and preferred stock financing transaction.
- Represented several technology companies and hospitals in buy-side and sell-side M&A transactions.
- Negotiated clinical research agreements on behalf of sponsors, contract research organizations, and clinical sites for dozens of clinical trials.