Tim’s practice focuses on general corporate representation, seed capital and venture capital financings, mergers & acquisitions, commercial contracts, and licensing. He counsels entrepreneurs, emerging companies, and investors in a range of matters including company formation and corporate governance, securities offerings and purchases, and strategic relationships.
He joined the firm in 2018. Prior to that time, Tim was an attorney in Cooley LLP’s Washington, D.C. office and a member of its emerging companies group. Tim was later an in-house attorney in the Durham office of Patheon (formerly NYSE: PTHN), which was acquired by Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO), where Tim worked on a wide range of general corporate, transactional, and commercial matters.
Tim earned his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law where he was a Virginia Law Scholar and an editor of the Virginia Journal of International Law. Prior to that, Tim graduated from James Madison University, magna cum laude, with degrees in English and Economics, where he was named Most Outstanding Senior in Economics and earned a Beta Gamma Sigma scholarship. Tim has also earned an M.A. in Applied Economics from Johns Hopkins University.
Tim is admitted to practice in North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington, DC.
- Represented a local investment fund in a $30 million product-based investment in a late-stage clinical biopharmaceutical program.
- Served as counsel to a publicly traded multinational pharmaceutical company in the out-licensing of an asset and the $7.5 million financing of the licensee.
- Represented a local SaaS provider in the negotiation of a multi-million dollar services agreement opposite a large publicly traded corporation.
- Represented a west-coast medical device company in the negotiation of an exclusive distributor agreement opposite a large multinational corporation.
- Served as company-side counsel to a biotechnology company in a $9 million Series A financing from strategic and venture capital investors.
- Represented a local investment fund in the sale of a royalty stream for more than $150 million.