Our Commercial Litigation practice area includes 14 trial attorneys with extensive experience in all areas of commercial litigation, including:
- disputes arising from contracts, mergers, acquisitions, and other business relationships;
- representing government contractors in bid protests, claims, and other actions;
- defending publicly-traded companies in shareholder derivative litigation;
- representing healthcare providers in contested matters, including certificates of need and challenges to Medicare/Medicaid payment determinations and recoupments;
- representing employers in employment disputes, including the enforcement of non-disclosure, non-competition, and confidentiality agreements;
- handling environmental matters before courts, administrative law judges, and boards; and
- protecting intellectual property rights, including trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
Our reputation has been built upon years of experience in these areas and the excellent results obtained for our clients, both in and out of the courtroom. We regularly try both jury and non-jury cases in State and Federal courts in North Carolina and across the country, as well as in arbitration proceedings and before a wide variety of State and Federal administrative agencies.
A partial list of our commercial litigation clients includes AirBoss of America Corp.; Barclays Bank Delaware; Davita Healthcare Partners; Edward Jones; First Citizens Bank; Harnett Health Systems, Inc.; LB&B Associates Inc.; Liberty Healthcare Group; PowerSecure; Total Renal Care of North Carolina, LLC; Town of Wake Forest; USfalcon, Inc.; U.S. Tobacco Cooperative; Variety Wholesalers, Inc.; Warren Oil Company, Inc.; Waste Industries USA, Inc.; and Wells Fargo Advisors.
Every successful business will encounter legal disputes. The goal of our commercial litigation team is to handle such disputes in the most strategic, efficient, and cost-effective manner possible to achieve a positive result for our clients.