Adam's practice focuses on federal, state and local taxation, tax controversies, partnership and limited liability company law and business tax planning. He is regularly involved with business formations and with corporate and limited liability company mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations. He also has experience representing taxpayers in tax controversies with the Internal Revenue Service and state taxing agencies.
Adam is licensed to practice in North Carolina, Alabama and before the United States Tax Court.
Adam received a B.A. in Economics, summa cum laude, from the University of North Carolina at Asheville, a J.D. magna cum laude, from the University of Alabama, and an LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Florida.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Tax/Estate Planning (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" Tax (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Professional & Community Activities
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section, Business Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Tax Section (Council Member, 2007-2010)
- North Carolina State Bar
- Wake County Bar Association