David is a member of the firm’s M&A and capital markets practice groups. He focuses primarily on transactions for public and private companies and private equity clients, including acquisitions, divestitures, and control investments. David also represents investors and companies in corporate finance transactions, securities law, and general business matters. David has experience in representing businesses in a range of industries, including software and technology, life sciences, healthcare, medical devices, and government contracting. Prior to joining the firm in 2008, David practiced with a multinational law firm.
David received his B.A., summa cum laude, from Duke University and his J.D., cum laude, from New York University School of Law. Before transferring to NYU, he attended Harvard Law School where he was an editor of the Journal of Law and Public Policy.
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” Securities and Corporate Finance (2010, 2012, 2013)
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Corporate Law (2021-2024), Corporate Governance Law (2022-2024)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Business (2022)
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- New York State Bar
- Board of Directors, American Red Cross—Triangle Area Chapter; Philanthropy Committee Chairman
- Member, North Carolina Children’s Hospital Board of Visitors (2010-2016)
- Represented venture-backed healthcare technology company that designs digital communication and collaboration tools for nurses and nurse leaders in $25 million sale to provider of workforce and provider solutions for the healthcare industry
- Represented company that designs and fabricates fall protection safety equipment in sale of assets to private equity group.
- Represented public biopharmaceutical company in sale of pediatrics portfolio assets in transaction valued in excess of $32 million
- Represented public biopharmaceutical company in acquisition of a public company developing novel therapies to treat pediatric-onset, life-altering diseases, in all-stock transaction valued at approximately $16.1 million at closing, plus contingent value rights for up to an additional $6.5 million in subsequent milestone payments on clinical or regulatory successes.
- Represented private equity group in sale of rights to a pharmaceutical royalty stream to private equity group
- Represented diversified environmental services company in acquisition of company that recycles contaminated soil into an engineered soil product.
- Represented India-based contract research organization in acquisition of US-based contract research organization.
- Represented automated medication packaging manufacturer in sale to private equity-backed pharmacy packaging provider.
- Third-Party Liability Insurance Basics in M&A Transactions
- Client Alert: SEC Approves Rules Governing Federal Crowdfunding
- Client Alert: SEC Eliminates Ban on General Solicitation in Rule 506 and Rule 144A Offerings
- Client Alert: JOBS Act Could Increase Access to Capital for Emerging Growth Companies