Jack is a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice group. He works primarily with the firm’s corporate and private equity clients, focusing his practice on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, entity formation, corporate governance, commercial contracts, securities law compliance, and general business matters.
Jack joined the firm in 2012 and has experience representing clients in a wide range of industries, including technology and software, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, government contracting, retail, manufacturing, agriculture, and waste management, among others.
Jack earned his B.S. in Business Administration from Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He earned his J.D. from the University of North Carolina School of Law. While in law school, Jack served as a staff member and editor of the North Carolina Banking Institute Journal.
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Wake County Bar Association
- Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Raleigh, Class 33
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Represented major research institute in its acquisition of a patient research study provider for the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Represented ag-tech software company in its sale to a global manufacturer of agricultural products and engineered materials
- Represented public pharmaceutical company in the sale of its pediatric product portfolio to another public pharmaceutical company
- Represented national waste services company in its acquisition of Colorado-based waste services company
- Represented event organizing software company with its strategic majority investment from a major private equity group
- Represented medical terminology software company with its growth investment from a major private equity group
- Represented tobacco cooperative with its acquisition of a tobacco product marketing and distribution company
- Represented industrial coatings and supply company in its acquisition of an automotive paint and refinishing supplies company
- Represented pharmaceutical manufacturing company in its sale to an international CDMO
- Represented private equity group in its investment in postsecondary education institutions
- “Peer-to-Peer Lending in the United States: Surviving After Dodd-Frank”, 15 N.C. Banking Inst. 139 (2011)