Halle practices primarily in the areas of capital markets, securities law, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate law. She represents companies in their initial organizations and financings, mergers and acquisitions, SEC reporting and compliance matters. Prior to joining the firm in 2005, Halle practiced with McMillan LLP, a leading Canadian business law firm. Halle is licensed to practice law in North Carolina and Ontario, Canada. She also chairs the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Halle received her B.A. in French and International Trade Economics, Dean’s Honors List, from the University of Waterloo (Canada). She received her M.A. in French Literature, Dean’s Honors List, from Queen’s University (Canada). Halle completed her law degree at Osgoode Hall at York University (Canada) where she won the Cassels Brock & Blackwell Centennial Prize in Lawyering Skills. Halle received her LL.M. in Corporate Law and Finance, cum laude, from Widener University School of Law.
Languages: French and Gujarati
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association and member of the Minorities in the Profession Subcommittee
- Wake County Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario (Canada)
- Attends Board and committee meetings of a Charleston, South Carolina based SaaS software company listed on Nasdaq and represented that company in its $150 million IPO and subsequent equity offerings for a total of over $750 million;
- Represents a Charleston, South Carolina based cloud software company listed on Nasdaq on certain SEC matters and represented that company in acquisitions totaling over $400 million;
- Attends all Board and committee meetings of a New York-based clinical stage ophthalmic biopharmaceutical company listed on Nasdaq and represented that company in multiple equity offerings;
- Represents multiple Canadian public and private companies on U.S. capital markets and general corporate matters;
- Represented a local clinical stage biopharmaceutical company on SEC matters and in its $86 million IPO;
- Represented a major RTP-based global CRO (contract research organization) on SEC matters and in its $172.5 million IPO and subsequent equity offerings; and
- Represented a local specialty pharmaceutical for over 10 years on SEC matters and in 5 equity and debt offerings raising over $1 billion.
- Panelist, "Proxy Statement Interactive Seminar: Corporate Governance Communications Strategies for Shareholder Engagement," Donnelley Financial Solutions, Raleigh, NC, November 2017
- Panelist, “Adelante, Moving Forward,” NCBA, Raleigh, NC, January 2015, February 2014
- MC, NCBA First Annual Celebration of Diversity, Raleigh, NC, June 2014