Elie practices in the areas of estate planning, wealth preservation, and estate and trust administration. She has experience in the preparation of both simple estate planning documents, as well as more complex tax planning documents. Elie also advises clients of the impact of estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxes on various transactions. Prior to joining the firm in 2011, Elie practiced with another law firm in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Elie is certified as a Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization.
Elie received her B.A. in English and History from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and her J.D. from the Wake Forest University School of Law. She received her LL.M. in taxation, with distinction, from Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" Estate Planning and Probate (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Tax/Estate Planning (2013, 2015); Young Guns (2016)
Professional & Community Activities
- North Carolina Bar Association, Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section (Member of Legislative Committee and Section Council); Tax Section
- Wake County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- 10th Judicial District Bar
- Wake County Estate Planning Council
- Habitat for Humanity, Instructor (Estate Planning) for New Homeowner Classes